Guess What

The Bird is the Word

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Go Hard, Or Go Home

----------------
Now playing: LeCrae - Go Hard (feat. Tedashii)
via FoxyTunes
So the Other day, I was hanging out with one of my old Friends at Golds, and somehow we got on the topic of going all out in the gym, "Max out, or Get out!"

Then I started thinking, why don't we do that in everything?

Why is it that people only tend to commit to what is easy and comfortable?

If it is really worth having, then you aren't going to get it easily, and probably not for free.

Take a football game for example, You want to win, but Your opponent wants to crush you, if you only go half way in, game over...

Or take a wrestling match, if you don't give it your all, leave it all on the mat, you will loose, because the opposition isn't planning on going easy, and you shouldn't either.

But this just doesn't go in fitness, it goes in every area of life. If you plan on doing something, do the job, don't commit half way and quit when it gets difficult, it's called overcoming...

Just because School is hard, doesn't mean you quit; that means it's time for you to be discipline, and press a little harder. What I can't stand is when someone tells me they are going to do a job, and they only do a halfway decent job, and expect respect. I would've done the job myself if I would've known you were going to do a crappy job, why would I pay you for that. You need to put pride in what you do.

When I wrestle someone, I go as hard as I can, and when it's over, I look my opponent in the eye, and I shake his hand. If I loose, I gave it my best, what do I have to be ashamed of, or to be upset about? Now if I win, I shake my opponents hand in respect, because he gave it his best, and I wish him the best of luck. But you have to go all out...

So Ya, I think that's good for now...

Go Hard, Give it your all; and if you don't, step down, and go home.

2 comments:

markfrancey said...

Good Danno! That is Michno 101. Love ya!

T.O.A.S.T. said...

dude!! that video would look way better if u still had the mullet!!