Guess What

The Bird is the Word

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Go Hard (continued)

----------------
Now playing: Red - Fight Inside
via FoxyTunes
This kinda goes off of Go Hard

Think about all the people who actually made an impact in Life.

I'm just going to name 3

George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Martin Luther King Jr.

All three of these men had incredible opposition, if they would've thrown in the towel when things got tough, who knows what the world would look like today.

People often ask me, "Why do you push so hard? Why do you do what you do? How much do you have left in you to give?" and the most recent, "Do you know haw many people hate you at the gym, because they are intimidated of what you've done, and how passionate you are?'' Now a truthful, but kinda weak, of a reason is simply that I'm a passionate person. Truth is, I love to help people... When I look at how many people I've helped, I don't care about what a few jokers think about me, because I'm helping people.

When I was an intern For Capital, I had many opportunities to help people, loved every second of it. When I'm at the gym, and people know how far I've come and want some advice, I'm more than happy to give it, and I'll go and workout with them, simply because I want to help them. There is a certain feeling you get from helping people that I can't describe, it simply makes you feel a little bit better about yourself. If you're depressed, you want to know something that will help, give. Give something that is important to you, or just give to someone who is actually in need. It makes you feel better.

I love to help people, that's just who I am. I always tell people, "Smile." Why?

Is it because working at the mall is fun?..

No not really.

Is it because I want to get a rise out of them?

No...

Why?

Because when you smile, it does something inside of you, it makes you feel a little bit better. So if I see someone, and they look kinda down, I look at them and smile as I say, "hey... Smile :)"

I know that life isn't always good, trust me on that one, I've been through my share of hell... but even when you're going through hell, doesn't mean you have to act like you're going through the ringer, bringing your friends down. I've said it a thousand times, and I'll say it again, you have to overcome, and overcoming isn't easy, it's not supposed to be.

If you feel as if you don't have the strength, or you don't know how much you've got left in you, I simply have one question for you, What is your foundation, and what is driving you.?

Neither George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, or Martin Luther King Jr. would've ever accomplished what they did if they simply did everything for themselves, or were driven by their own selfish motives. So I guess here's the real question, what did all 3 of these men turn to for strength? What was their refuge?

Is it in you?

No comments: