Guess What

The Bird is the Word

Monday, December 15, 2008

Perceptions

Perceptions

So the other day, I heard someone talking about perceptions. He said how we let our perceptions throw us off, and how many things aren’t always the way we perceive, then it led me to thinking about how sometimes we have preconceived ideas that cause us to miss out in life. Which ultimately led me to thinking about how we perceive life, and value.

It’s unfortunate how our perceptions and preconceived notions can actually cost us in life. So many times we say, “I don’t know if can go on.” When there is so much left in us. We think, “I don’t have anything, or anyone.” When there are many people who care for us, and we have more than we really need.

The problem most of the time isn’t that we are lacking something; it’s that we are insecure, and have forgot how to be content. So many people, especially athletes, come out and say, “I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me “but totally ignore the verses right before that in Philippians 4:11 - 12

Philippians 4:11 - 12
11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. #

I love how Paul comes out and says “Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.” This is so relevant to society today, because we are never satisfied. We always want just a little bit more, enough is just isn’t ever enough; we need to learn how to be content…

Another huge problem is we have the wrong preconceived notions walking into situations in life. How can we expect to do well, if we are walking in with the mindset that we’ve already been defeated? Why do we act like we know everything that is going to happen? We let fear take it’s coarse in our lives, when the real question is what good does worry do for anyone?

Fear doesn’t change what’s happening, all it does is make you loose sleep, and makes you stress out. If something isn’t going good, worrying isn’t going to help, you need to “be the change you want to see in the world” if you don’t like a situation you’re in, change it. We need to be good at making the best out of every situation in life, no matter how bad it is, even when we do fail.

Failure is a part in growing, if you are too afraid to step out of your box, you will never do anything great in life. Failure lets you see what you can do better. Unfortunately, instead of taking a risk, we sit back and think, “Well if I screwed up…” and the consequences of failure run wild through our heads; and most the time, we make the consequences much worse than they are. If you are afraid of the horse, forget about going pro, or being bucked off, you’ll never get on the horse in the first place…

You’ve got to have the right mindset in every situation in life, and we need to realize that things usually aren’t what they seem. You’ve got to have an overcoming mindset, or else you will fall victim to fear, and to insecurities. What is driving you?

Psalms 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation—
So why should I be afraid?
The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger,
So why should I tremble?

Well ya, that’s all for now.

Be Blessed!




No comments: