Guess What

The Bird is the Word

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Bump in the Road

A Bump in the Road

So this time around, I think I’m going to really dive into a subject which has been stuck on my mind for the last few days, hopefully I word it all right.

What is the one thing that takes place after a mountain top experience? After an experience where you were impacted undeniably, vision was birthed, and your life was changed in an instant; what is something you can expect to take place after it’s all over? It’s interesting how after you have one of those life changing experiences, how life seems to throw a curveball at you. One thing after another, until you begin to wonder, “what happened? Was it even real?” and when you come to that point, that’s a good sign to start pushing a little harder.

I once heard a man say that, “If you aren’t moving forward, you are drifting, and in order to drift for a while, you need to be going downhill” It’s crazy how once something amazing comes in our lives, how we’re willing to forget about what happened, after a little bit of resistance. Why is it that when we catch ourselves drifting, that we do nothing and expect to get pass the struggle the same way we always have; only hope for, maybe even expect, something different this time around? This is insane.

How can this happen? How is it that people can forget so fast what God has done in there lives? It kills me how some people just fail to realize that they can succeed. Some people feel as if they don’t have the strength, and that’s the problem, you’re not supposed to rely on your own strength.

The Bible says that, “The Lord is the Strength of my life” Psalms 27. Why would you try to do something on your own, when the creator of the universe desires to have a relationship with you, make you stronger, and guide you through any storm? In Psalms 11 it says that, “The Lord is my refuge” yet we act like money is everything, as if looks are everything, that our popularity… honestly, is it worth it? Is it really worth trading your destiny over something as little as popularity? Is it really worth letting go over something as stupid as wanting to satisfy the flesh? Do you really believe that money is the key to happiness? Which by the way, being a Christian doesn’t mean you have to live a poverty stricken life.

I truly believe that the greatest athletes, should be Christians. That the greatest minds, releasing the most mind boggling inventions should be men, or woman, of God. But we somehow get caught up on this mindset, that in order to be a Christian, you have to live some kind of boring life, and I’m tired of it. This deception runs ramped until eventually people say, “It’s not worth it” and throw in the towel.

The Bible I read says that, “I can do all things, through Christ who gives me strength” Philippians 4:13. I find this interesting because people come out and say, “there’s no way that can be done…” my response is simply, “Joker have you even read the Bible?”

You’re called to be the head, not the tail. The Word says we are more than conquerors, that you will do greater things, that the holy spirit gives us the words to say when we need them, and you’re trying to tell me that you can’t do it… ok, you’re right. On your own strength, you can’t do anything of eternal significance, that’s why we look to God, the author and finisher of our faith, who desires to help you, all you need to do is draw close to him. James 4 even says, “Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you.”

Draw close to God, and he will supply all your needs; trust him, and he will take care of you. I was hit by a car yesterday while biking down Fairview, and jacked up my knee, hurting my ACL, MCL, and Meniscus. I know what it’s like to have obstacles come your way, the key thing is to see God in the midst. Never take your eye off the prize, and praise him for what he’s given us, despite of the trouble you might be facing. Sure I hurt my knee, but it could’ve ended a lot worse, like me lying on the ground dead…

Just something to think about

Never Give up

Jesus Loves you

and Be Blessed

Dan Michno

No comments: